Bomb Ballistic Blast Blanket Level IIIA - NSN NO# 8470-01-441-0885
NSN NO# 8470-01-441-0885
All blankets are available in the standard sizes offered, plus custom sizes and configurations available.
Bomb Blankets are used for blast mitigation and minimizing the risk of secondary fragmentation from Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs). They are effective against most pipe bombs, hand grenade fragments, fragmentation caused by pressure and electrical explosions.
Utilizing the latest in Aramid and Kevlar technologies, we manufacture bomb blankets by stitching layers of Kevlar with other proprietary materials, providing a lightweight, flexible bomb suppression blanket that better absorbs the blast impact and resulting fragmentation minimizing blast impact.
Bomb Blankets are also used for:
• IED/IOD operations
• Demining operations
• Blast suppression in nuclear facilities, high-risk government and non-government buildings
• Ballistic-blast protection in vehicle and aircraft interiors and flooring
• Standard Features
Protection NIJ 0101.08 Level IIIA
Fragmentation protection US MIL STD 662F V50 at 2150 ft/sec.
• Lightweight and flexible (can be carried by one person)
• Fire resistant
• Chemical resistant / Water resistant
• Reinforced carry/mount straps
Bomb and Ballistic blankets will also offer protection against blast and fragments